With the ongoing COVID19 coronavirus pandemic, the safety of our guests remains our priority. St Marks Randwick has implemented a comprehensive COVID-Safe House Policy to protect the health and safety of all our guests and staff.
Strict housekeeping guidelines ensure the cleanliness and sanitisation of all areas of the property, along with limiting numbers in communal areas and offering reduced housekeeping to minimise contact between guests and staff.
Importantly during this time, St Marks Randwick is unable to allow any guests to our guest house for the purpose of a 14 day quarantine. Unfortunately many of our room types do not allow for strict quarantine measures (communal facilities and spaces) and therefore we have enforced these booking restrictions to practice stringent risk management for all guests and staff.
All guests bookings are reconfirmed by our team 24 hours prior to check-in and guests are asked to confirm their arrival details, along with relevant information to their travel and health history.
As of Monday 11th Oct 21 as we re-open NSW, persons aged 16 and over will only be permitted to enter our accommodation settings if they are fully vaccinated or have a medical exemption. Children under 16 will have to be accompanied by a fully vaccinated member of their household to enter.
There are several options to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination in which will need to be provided to staff upon checkin, or for those arriving after hours – prior to checkin. This may be provided in the form of a photo/ screen shot.
Once fully vaccinated (two doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine, there are several options to access and share proof of COVID-19 vaccination:
- COVID-19 digital certificate can be accessed through the Express Plus Medicare mobile app or Medicare online account through myGov. The COVID-19 digital certificate can be added to a smartphone wallet or similar. Visit Services Australia for instructions.
- An immunisation history statement can be accessed from My Health Record. Visit Services Australia for instructions.
- Printed version of the COVID-19 digital certificate or immunisation history statement (available through myGov).
- COVID-19 digital certificate can also be added to a Service NSW app and shared as part of a QR check-in. Visit nsw.gov.au for details.
For people without a Medicare card:
- Call the Australian Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809 and ask for an immunisation history statement to be posted. It can take up to 14 days to arrive.
- Add a COVID-19 digital certificate to a smartphone wallet or similar using the Individual Healthcare Identifiers service (IHI service) through myGov.
For people without a smartphone or online access:
A COVID-19 digital certificate or immunisation history statement can be accessed via myGov to download and print. Alternatively, call the Australian Immunisation Register to request a copy in the post.
For people with a medical exemption:If you have a medical reason for not receiving the COVID-19 vaccination, you will require one of the following:
- NSW Health medical contraindication form completed by a registered medical practitioner.
- Medical clearance notice issued by NSW Health.
Penalties may apply for making or presenting a fake form of proof of vaccination.
Please note for those guests whom are unable to attend their finalised reservation, standard terms and conditions will apply in conjunction with their purchased rate plan.
St Marks Randwick reserves the right to refuse the reservation of any guest who is unable to or unwilling to provide such information to our team. Further to this, guests who may be considered a high-risk may be asked to re-arrange their travel schedule all be it a 14 quarantine measure should be implemented.
Rest assured, our entire team continues to have strict housekeeping guidelines enforcing the safety and sanitisation for all our guests.
Whilst our team and management are doing our upmost to ensure our guest house remains a protected and safe place for all to enjoy, we too wanted to provide you with an update on the precautionary measures we have in house to protect our guests, staff and wider community.
- Commercially graded cleaning apparatus and chemicals are in use through all guest rooms and bathrooms.
- Communal spaces have been allocated guest limits to ensure social distancing measures may be practiced at all times during your stay.
- Daily sanitisation is being practiced of all communal spaces.
- Daily Housekeeping requirements within guest rooms is being kept to a minimum, to limit the potential risk of contamination between rooms during a guest stay.
- Hand Sanitising stations have been installed in all communal spaces and are available for guest use.
- Face Masks and gloves are made available at no charge to all guests in house from our Guest Services team.
Any further specialty requests relating to COVID19 policies and procedures can be made daily to our Guest Services team; we are most accommodating to arrange anything you need to ensure your stay is comfortable and safe.
At this time we would like to proactively inform all new guests arriving how they can avoid further contamination.
It is critical that prior to arrival you advise our team if you are arriving internationally to Australia and planning to stay with us.
We have strict policies in place to manage this, and in some circumstances may need to find an alternative arrangement for your stay.
Guests who have travelled from a country or region that is at high or moderate risk for COVID-19 should monitor their health closely.
It is recommended you seek an appointment with a GP if this is relevant to your situation as a clearance certificate may be requested prior to your arrival.
Go to www.health.gov.au/covid19-travellers for a list at-risk countries.
If you develop symptoms including a fever and cough you should isolate yourself immediately and urgently seek medical attention. This information must immediately be disclosed to Guest Services and form the terms of your occupancy at St Marks Randwick.
For the safety and health of our staff and the whole community, we are also asking all our guests to practice good general hygiene and if feeling unwell, to remain at home.
St Marks Randwick reserves the right to refuse access to our property by any guest whom is showing obvious health symptoms that could pose as a threat to both staff and in house guests.
In such cases management may request a clearance certificate from a local GP prior to check-in. If this is of difficulty in providing, a full refund for the night will be issued, voiding any cancellation charges.
Whilst we endeavour to keep our doors open to all new guests we too must assure the safety of those already enjoying their time with us.
All guests are asked to;
- Practise good sneeze/ cough hygiene.
- Practise good hand hygiene.
- Shower and wash hands with hot water, making use of soaps and sanitisers throughout our property.
In addition, we have reinforced with our staff the importance of monitoring their own health and if they feel unwell or are showing signs of illness, they are to remain at home in self isolation.
As a team we are very aware of the current situation and are taking full responsibility to ensure you have a safe and memorable stay with us here at St Marks Randwick.
Rest assured we are here to help, and here to support you during your stay.
For further information on our ‘COVID Safe House Policy’ please feel free to make contact with management on firstname.lastname@example.org
Rest assured we are here to help, and here to support you during your stay.